Thursday, September 22, 2011


Thank You Heidi Kirkpatrick for being part of the PHOTO⊕CRAFT show.
 Heidi helped us by being in our opening show in June of 2009, it is great to have a good friend back in the gallery with a few pieces of her current works.                                                                                                  "I am in love with film. All of my work is made with film. I shoot on film. I print on film. I do all of my own work in my darkroom. I like it dripping off my elbows. I do not use a lot of fancy equipment. My “models” are the people who are closest to me, my family and friends. I love layering the film positives over anything and everything I can think of or find. My studio is filled with found objects that inspire me, and photographs, lots and lots of photographs.
I often use photographs to transform these found objects into pieces of art. Fusing transparent figurative and family portraits with children’s toys and blocks, boxes and tins, I create a playful tension between imagery and object. My work tries to breathe new life into these objects, yet they leave hints of the past in their lovingly worn appearances, the flecks of paint missing, soft corners, dents and dings". ~ Heidi Kirkpatrick -  Check out Heidis work @ http://heidikirkpatrick.com/             



No comments:

Post a Comment